In Autumn 2018 the Turing conducted a consultation to better understand the needs of UK SMEs.
We recognise that SMEs are a critical part of the UK’s innovation engine and play a significant role in our economy, accounting for 60 per cent of all private sector jobs and 47 per cent of revenue.
A consultation was launched which sought to enable the Turing to:
- Better understand the needs of UK SMEs in AI and data science and how these are currently being serviced;
- Identify what opportunities or gaps, if any, exist to support the growth of UK SMEs; and
- Learn what support, if any, the Turing is best placed to provide, given its aims and capabilities as an AI and data science research institute.
We sought submissions from:
- SMEs across the UK and from all sectors, ranging from grassroots to established businesses;
- Universities across the UK, particularly the Turing’s 13 university partners; and
- Other support providers which deliver services to aid UK SMEs in growth and development, including third sector organisations and government-funded organisations across the UK.
The consultation is now closed but enquiries can still be accepted via email to Hushpreet Dhaliwal, Partnerships Development Lead.