Applications are now open for the next Data Study Group being held Monday 20 April - Friday 24 April 2020.
The deadline for applications is: Monday 2 March 2020 at 12:00 noon GMT.
What are Data Study Groups?
- Intensive five day 'collaborative hackathons' hosted at the Turing, which bring together organisations from industry, government, and the third sector, with talented multi-disciplinary researchers from academia
- Organisations act as Data Study Group 'Challenge Owners', providing real-world problems to be tackled by small groups of highly talented, carefully selected researchers
- Researchers brainstorm and engineer data science solutions, presenting their work at the end of the week
"Team up with a collaborative community of motivated data science experts, to jointly create a pathway to follow-up research and translational activities"
Sebastian Vollmer, Director of Data Study Groups
Why does the Turing run them?
- Challenge Owners get to quickly prototype possible solutions to their data science challenges
- Researchers get an opportunity to put knowledge into practice and go beyond individual fields of research to solve real world problems
- To help initiate industry collaborations for the Institute; the ideas generated can be a seed for kick-starting larger collaborative research projects
- To help with the aims of the Institute:
- Applying data science to real world problems
- Training the next generation
- Innovating and developing world-class research in data science