Computational Statistics and Machine Learning
This workshop is the third main event organised by the EPSRC network on computational statistics and machine learning. The theme of the workshop is Data Science: pulling together Computational Statistics and Machine Learning?
The scope of the workshop is twofold:
- To enhance communication and collaboration within the UK between the
disciplines of Computational Statistics and Machine Learning (ML)
- To disseminate the scope of the EPSRC CSML network to the broader
scientific, industrial and political community
The workshop will be held in the Informatics Forum, University of Edinburgh.
- Chris Holmes, Professor of Biostatistics, University of Oxford
- Kate Jones, Professor of Biodiversity and Ecology, University College London
- Guido Sanguinetti, Reader in Machine Learning, University of Edinburgh
- Yee Whye Teh, Professor of Statistical Machine Learning, University of Oxford
REGISTRATION for this workshop is open now:
The workshop opens at 5 pm on Aug 31 with an all hands evening poster session with buffet meal, wine and beers at 6 pm.
All of the talks are on September 1.
You are invited to present a poster in the poster session. Deadline to submit your poster is 25th August 2016 at 4 pm.
Poster link, please display at your institution.
** COLOCATED EVENT: Communicating Machine Learning, 31st of August: https://blog.inf.ed.ac.uk/mlcommunicationsymposium/ **