About the event
Speaker: Frank Wood Date: Monday 8 May Time: 11:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00 Email: The Alan Turing Institute Doctoral Scheme to attend. The sessions will be a mixture of lecture and hands on training. They will be livestreamed and recorded.
Turing Fellow, Frank Wood will lead the sessions; during the masterclass you will discuss:
- What probabilistic programming is and how it’s different to a normal programming.
- How to write a probabilistic program and have the resources to get started if you want to.
- Understanding and writing functional programs (Clojure)
- Understanding and writing probabilistic programs (Anglican)
- How advanced higher-order probabilistic programming systems work at a very high level.
- See where the field is going and why you should pay attention.