Masterclass: Probabilistic Programming
Speaker: Frank Wood
Date: Monday 8 May
Time: 11:00-13:00 and 14:00-16:00
Email: The Alan Turing Institute Doctoral Scheme to attend.
The sessions will be a mixture of lecture and hands on training.
They will be livestreamed and recorded.
Turing Faculty Fellow, Frank Wood will lead the sessions; during the masterclass you will discuss:
- What probabilistic programming is and how it’s different to a normal programming.
- How to write a probabilistic program and have the resources to get started if you want to.
- Understanding and writing functional programs (Clojure)
- Understanding and writing probabilistic programs (Anglican)
- How advanced higher-order probabilistic programming systems work at a very high level.
- See where the field is going and why you should pay attention.