The Alan Turing Institute has been awarded a £38.8 million research programme through UKRI’s Strategic Priorities Fund. AI for Science and Government (ASG) is delivered in partnership with the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) and in collaboration with a number of other research councils.
The research activities will support UK priority areas which are nested within existing Institute programmes and aims to deploy AI and data science through six themes:
- Digital Twins: Urban Analytics, underpinning the planning system;
- Digital Twins: Complex Engineering Systems, in industry;
- Health, revolutionising health services through precision medicine;
- Criminal Justice System, laying foundations for AI in government departments and agencies;
- AI for Science, delivering AI into national labs;
- Tools, Practices and Systems, bringing best practice into domain areas.
Themes, projects, events and associated programmes can be explored below.