- Call opens: 2 November 2021
- Call closes: 17:00 on 9 December 2021
- Awards start date: 1 February 2022
- Open to: Universities in the UK*
Please note that applications are now closed.
There continues to be a strong demand from the university sector, industry and government to work with us, and as we continue to grow the Institute into a national resource, we seek ways to further collaborate across the UK higher education sector.
Awards will be made to UK universities* with proven research excellence and a track record of translation in data science, AI, or a related field whose research and innovation would be significantly enhanced through active involvement with the Institute’s network.
Successful universities will be awarded up to £25,000. This is designed to:
- Start to establish or grow an engaged and diverse community working (at all career stages) in data science and AI research and innovation at the university, who are aware of and engage in the potential opportunities and initiatives available across the Turing network.
- Identify and establish links between Institute priority areas and areas of interest and expertise at the university, with initial dialogue around contribution and collaboration taking place.
- Host activities / initiatives that are open to the wider data science and AI research and innovation community and/or local and regional communities, with a view to forming new links and collaborations.
- Map the university’s expertise / strengths in each of the Institute’s priority areas and those considered of national strategic importance (in data science and AI) not yet covered by the Institute.
- Design plans for how the network will become sustainable for the future.
Applications should be submitted on behalf of a university and the Award will be supported by an Award Lead. Up to 20 Awards are available as part of this call.
Interested applicants should first consult the Call Document and FAQs below and send any unanswered queries to [email protected].
How to apply
Applicants wishing to apply must complete the following steps:
- Read the Turing Network Development Call Document which includes the eligibility criteria (last updated 18 November 2021).
- Complete and submit an application by Thursday 9 December at 17:00 using the Institute’s Flexi-Grant portal.
We have produced a Turing Network Development Call 2021 Frequently Asked Questions document that can be used for reference when completing your application.
All applicants are required to complete and upload this costing template as part of the application process.
*The Institute is keen to work with a wide range of universities and given the limited number of Awards available, university partners will not be eligible to apply for this Award and should instead consider making a request for Turing Collaboration Funding.